The Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) is all set to conduct the Common Admission Test (CAT 2023), a national level entrance exam for admission to management programs offered by IIMs and other top business schools. CAT 2023 notification will be released on the official website iimcat.ac.in. CAT notification will contain important details like CAT exam date, syllabus, eligibility criteria and other relevant information. Interested candidates are advised to regularly visit the official website for updates and announcements regarding CAT 2023.
The CAT notification will be released in the last week of July and the registration process will start in the first week of August. The CAT exam will be conducted in online mode, which will be divided into three sessions. It will be held at about 300 examination centers located across the country. During the registration process candidates will get an opportunity to choose their preferred exam centre.
The CAT syllabus for 2023 consists of three sections: Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC), Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR), and Quantitative Aptitude (QA).
- Candidates must have a graduation degree from a recognized university or its equivalent qualification.
- For General and OBC category candidates, a minimum aggregate score of 50% is required in bachelor’s degree. For SC, ST and PWD candidates, a minimum aggregate score of 45% is required.
- Candidates appearing in the final year of their graduation degree examination are also eligible to apply. However, they will have to provide the required degree completion certificate at the time of admission.
- Candidates who have completed Chartered Accountancy (CA), Company Secretaryship (CS), or Cost and Works Accountancy (ICWA) with the required percentage are also eligible to appear in CAT 2023.
- Reservation criteria are followed as per government rules, wherein 15% seats are reserved for SC candidates, 7.5% for ST candidates and 27% for OBC candidates.
Education Loan Information:
Calculate Education Loan EMI