Mumbai International Airport Records 4 Million Passengers In Feb’23, Surpassing Pre-Covid Levels Again

Mumbai’s CSMIA started the year on a relatively warm note with increased demand for air travel. Now in February 2023, Mumbai International Airport recorded over 4 million passengers, once again surpassing pre-Covid level passenger levels, indicating a strong demand for air travel through Mumbai . The growth in passenger numbers has been driven by increased demand for domestic leisure travel and various other segments of travel as well as the continued confidence of travelers in CSMIA. The year 2023 started on a positive note with CSMIA serving around 4.5 million passengers. In January. With the same vigor and sustained momentum, CSMIA hosted over 4 million passengers on 24,292 flights, a 57% increase as compared to February 2022 flight activities.

Out of the total passenger movement, the airport saw approx. 75% was domestic passenger traffic and the remaining 25% was for international passengers. Furthermore, with 3.9 million passenger traffic recorded in February 2020, the airport has achieved a growth of 2% over pre-Covid levels.

On 12 February, total domestic air passenger traffic reached 4,37,800 on 2,935 departures in a single day across India. Commenting on the Ministry of Civil Aviation, “Indian aviation has scaled new heights as domestic aviation operations have reached a post-Covid high with highest ever passenger movement.” The increase in air passenger movement is a positive sign and a testament to the nation’s growing confidence in safety and security standards and the improved customer experience by CSMIA and the aviation industry alike.

Dubai, London and Abu Dhabi continue to hold the top position as the three international destinations with highest passenger traffic via Mumbai. Similarly, Delhi, Bengaluru and Goa retained their positions as the top three preferred domestic destinations. CSMIA currently serves as a gateway to 65 domestic and 47 international destinations for passengers from Mumbai and its surrounding areas.

Also Read – Delhi-Doha Indigo Flight Makes Emergency Landing at Karachi Airport, Passenger Dies in Mid-Air

With the pent up demand for travel and the excitement of summer holidays, CSMIA is all set to meet the growing demand. CSMIA aims to provide best-in-class travel experience to all passengers traveling to and from the airport. With therapeutic shopping experiences, wholesome cuisine, lounge access and complimentary services, CSMIA strives to be a gateway to goodness for all its passengers.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *